IT Unity Webinar: Seven SharePoint Secrets for Successful Security and Compliance Management
Workshop: October 8, 2014
by Dan Holme on 10/8/2014
This webinar occurred on October 8, 2014. To view the recording, click this link.
You'll need to register to see the video.
Seven SharePoint Secrets for Successful Security and Compliance Management
Security and compliance are a critical priority for many SharePoint enterprises, who increasingly turn to SharePoint to host mission-critical collaborative workloads that include confidential, proprietary, sensitive, and regulated documents and information. And as the world becomes more mobile and cloud-centric, risks for data breach and leakage skyrocket. It’s more important than ever that you implement effective content security management.
Join Office 365 MVP Dan Holme for a free webinar featuring an intensive look at the challenges and best practices for implementing and managing security.
- Discover new permissions in SharePoint 2013 and take away guidance for new permission levels that address common business requirements
- Learn when and why it makes sense to leverage Active Directory groups or to use SharePoint groups
- Find out how you can communicate and track security policies and exceptions
- Explore under-documented “gotchas” of broken inheritance
- Implement a security strategy that delights both your business and compliance personnel
- Manage administrative access and the Site Collection Administrators and Farm Administrators groups
- Establish a foundation for auditing, reporting, and insight that meets your needs today and into the future
You will leave this webinar equipped to empower the business while maintaining tight control and compliance.
About the Speaker: Dan Holme
Office 365 MVP
Co-Founder, IT Unity
Dan Holme’s 20 years of experience and his impact on hundreds of thousands of IT professionals and business decision makers have earned him a reputation as one of the world’s most respected analysts, consultants, authors, and experts on Microsoft technologies. Dan, a native of Colorado, resident of Maui, and graduate of Yale, has been recognized as an MVP for eight years across three technologies, and one of the top ten partner MVPs in the world. Dan has penned hundreds of articles for SharePointPro.com and numerous best-selling books for Microsoft Press. Last winter, Dan served as the Microsoft Technologies Consultant for NBC Olympics during the broadcast of the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, a role he also played in Torino, Beijing, Vancouver and London. You can learn more about Dan, his work, and his contact information, at http://tiny.cc/danholme.