Microsoft Ignite, CHICAGO – May 5, 2015 – SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) now offers new capabilities in its SMART Room System™ (SRS) for Skype for Business (previously known as Microsoft Lync), including enhanced functionality, new support services, and seamless integration with Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365.
The newest release of the SMART Room System features SMART’s unique interactive sharing, enabling inking on any industry application and saving in its original format within the meeting. Competitive solutions allow inking only within the Microsoft Whiteboard or on PowerPoint.
Additionally, the system features SMART’s next generation of interactive flat panels (IFPs), including the new SMART Board 8055i and 8065i. All new IFPs from SMART offer:
- Silktouch™: The most accurate, natural, and responsive touch experience from corner-to-corner. Fingers glide effortlessly over the surface, providing hours of error-free use in perfect comfort
- SMART ink™: Writing is natural, smooth and responsive with SMART ink. Whether you’re using a pen or finger, each stroke is a work of art. Its realistic digital ink improves legibility, so all meeting participants feel confident contributing (available on SRS through the optional Interactive sharing feature)
- Pen iQ™ (8055i and 8065i only): the ability for two users to use different colored pens to write in the color of their choice, independently and simultaneously, free from interruption from their partner, opening up new opportunities to collaborate
- Object awareness™: the automatic ability to detect if you are using a finger, pen, fist or eraser, providing a more intuitive user experience
- 4K Ultra HD resolution: durable commercial-grade, glare-free LED panels display brilliantly detailed 4K Ultra HD images and text (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) for crisp content clarity
- Presence detection:the ability for the displays to automatically turn on when people are near, and turn off when no movement is detected
TD Williamson (TDW), one of the world’s top pipeline equipment and services companies, ultimately chose the SMART Room System for its technical capabilities. A decision, David Turner, Director of HT&P Technology says, has been validated by SMART’s ongoing commitment to help the company expand its collaboration capabilities. Interactive sharing was the exact functionality TDW was looking for.
“I think we’re just scratching the surface of how this can change our company and improve the global utilization of our intellectual capital. In the future, we’re going to use this technology in ways that we can’t even imagine today,” said Turner.
SMART also now offers advanced support services for the SMART Room System. These new support offerings include global coverage and options for; access to qualified Skype for Business support, advanced SLA’s such as 24 x7 coverage, advanced hardware replacement, usage analytics and proactive incident alerting. Customers will have peace of mind knowing no matter where in the world they are deploying their SMART solutions they can have visibility into the usage and quality of experience data for their SMART Room System, and proactive alerts minimizing potential downtime that can interrupt business meetings. SMART’s new support offerings ensure consistent and qualified support coverage, enhancing the overall customer experience.
“Purpose-built room systems continue to play a critical role in our Skype for Business ecosystem,” said Albert Kooiman, Director, Technical Product Manager Skype for Business, Microsoft. “SMART offers our customers a comprehensive set of room systems spanning all the way to large rooms requiring multiple displays, with the added benefit of its unique interactive touch technologies and an end-to-end services offering.”
Pricing & Availability
Each system includes one or more SMART Board interactive displays, and custom-designed, integrated components comprised of a codec, camera, speakers, an administrative console and two tabletop microphones. The SMART Room System is available today through select resellers. In the United States, the suggested list prices are: US$17,999 for the x-small version, US$19,999 for the small version, US$24,999 for the medium version, US$24,999 for the medium-dual version, US$29,999 for the large version and US$40,999 for the x-large version. Prices outside the United States vary by country and may include applicable taxes, duties and import costs.
The following services and support are available globally today:
- SMART Network Readiness Check for the SMART Room System for Skype for Business for $3,799 in the US per assessment and per site.
- SMART Usage Reporting for SMART Room System for Skype for Business for $1,079 in the US per year
- SMART Proactive Monitoring, including usage reporting, for SMART Room System for Skype for Business for $1,199 in the US per year
- Prices outside the United States vary by country and may include applicable taxes, duties and import costs
- SMART Support Services are now on all SMART business solutions. The pricing of the support packages is dependent on the products for which they’re purchased. For detailed pricing and more information on SMART Support Services, please contact your SMART authorized reseller or visit www.smarttech.com/Services.
SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) is a world leader in collaboration solutions that are redefining the way the world works and learns. We are an innovator in interactive touch technologies and software that inspire collaboration in both education and businesses around the globe. To learn more, visit smarttech.com.