Join Dan Holme, global SharePoint thought leader, for a full-day workshop that will equip you to deliver excellent, responsive, governed, managed, and compliant SharePoint service to your enterprise.
Dan Holme is an eight-year MVP across SharePoint, Office 365, and Active Directory, author of the Microsoft Press SharePoint 2010 Training Kit, and one of the most respected SharePoint experts in the industry. He brings to the workshop experience with thousands of organizations worldwide, in every vertical, and of every size: from small businesses to most of the Fortune 100 and many of the Global 1000.
Through in-depth discussion of business and service governance, Dan integrates elements of respected management, project, and development frameworks, informed by his experience with and lessons learned from enterprises around the world. Dan identifies the critical factors for a successful SharePoint service, including vision, roles and responsibilities, accountability, measurability, process, and iteration. You come away with messages you can use to understand and communicate the role of SharePoint to your organization, an invaluable framework with which to translate business requirements to SharePoint architecture, tips for avoiding requirement gathering spin-cycles, and an understanding of the strategic, cultural, technical, and procedural components of a successful SharePoint implementation.
Dan will present a one-of-a-kind look at what it takes to architect a governable SharePoint implementation that delivers big wins for your business and scales effectively and manageably—in both size and functionality—to support rapid adoption of this powerful platform. Although every SharePoint environment is different and serves diverse business needs, Dan will identify the common obstacles, issues, and hot topics he has seen in 20 years of experience advising some of the largest enterprises in the world.
As a special bonus, Dan will share with you a vision that integrates out-of-box capabilities of SharePoint and Windows to automate SharePoint management tasks, including site provisioning and group management, in ways that integrate and implement your governance policies.
Whether you're a business leader, project manager, end user, IT professional, or solutions architect, you will take away:
- Comprehensive understanding of SharePoint governance and service management from the strategic to the tactical level, bridging business and technical perspectives
- Awareness of common obstacles, issues, and hot topics
- Preparedness for SharePoint 2013 and Office 365, and how they change the discussion of SharePoint governance and management
- Invaluable guidance that will save your organization days, weeks, or even months of research, debate, and project delays
- Perspective to help you maximize your SharePoint investment and meet your organization's goals
- Tips for breaking through bottlenecks, including Dan's trademarked DOUBLE ROI story for SharePoint stakeholders
- Tools with which to guide project management, solutions architecture, and development
- Best practices for architecting a governable SharePoint implementation that scales manageably in both size and functionality
- Eye-opening tips for automating SharePoint management and implementing governance policies with out-of-box tools
- Don't miss this opportunity to gain deeper insight, validate your plans and approaches, and receive invaluable guidance and tools.
SharePoint Fest Denver 2014
These are the materials from SharePoint Fest Denver on September 21, 2014.
Followup & Office Hours
Thanks for attending my session! Let's keep the momentum, and carry the conversation forward!
I'll be holding office hours in the near future. Sign up below and I'll let you know the details.