Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president for the Office team announced in a post to Office Blogs on April 26, 2016 that Microsoft will release Skype for Business Mac Preview to help bring Mac customers into the modern era. The release will unfold in three cumulative stages with public availability planned for Q3 of 2016. Commercial customers can request a preview at SkypePreview.com. Microsoft will issue invites to IT professionals on a daily basis.
Updates to Office 2016 desktop client will bring collaboration to the forefront. This new collaboration experience will include:
- People Hub – Check the ribbon to see who is working on a document at a glance and with one click jump to the most current activity.
- Skype for Business integration – Click a contact thumbnail to IM them or view their contact info. Click the Skype for business logo and start a group chat with all active participants.
- Activity feed – Easy access to view complete collaborative efforts on documents, presentations or spreadsheets in SharePoint or OneDrive for Business.
- Comments – Improved collaboration allows one click to view comments in slides or documents and the addition of a quick access button to reply to, resolve comments and mark complete.
Office 365 adds the ability to create external Yammer groups for secure and seamless collaboration. Now, similar to internal Yammer groups, you can now create and collaborate on topics, documents, notes and links with others outside of your organization. Controls are in place to ensure security of information.
Improved productivity anywhere and on any device with Office mobile apps with these new features:
- Edit with speed – Access the most popular commands at the bottom of the screen in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Windows Phone.
- Record audio into OneNote on Windows Phone – Simply tap on the paperclip and microphone icon to start recording.
- Use your pen and a pointer – You provided feedback and Microsoft listened. You can now continue to use your pen as a pointer to select and interact.
- Get insights at a glance – Smart Lookup powered by Bing has been expanded to Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iOS and Android.
You can read the post New to Office 365 in April—Skype for Business Mac Preview, bringing collaboration to the forefront in Office and more, which appeared first on Office Blogs.