Microsoft Adds New Capabilities in SharePoint Online Team Sites Including Integration with Office 365 Groups
In a post to Office Blogs on August 31, 2016, the SharePoint team announced new enhancements for SharePoint Online team sites will begin rolling out to Office 365 First Release customers in early September 2016. The highlights are:
- A new "highlighted content" web part lets you set criteria so that specific content will automatically and dynamically populate in that area of the page.
- Developers using the SharePoint Framework can build custom web parts. (Learn more about this in a recent article by SharePoint MVP Waldek Mastykarz.)
- Integration of team sites and Office 365 Groups. When you add a new group, you'll also add a modern SharePoint team site. When you add a new team site, a new group membership will be created.
- All existing Office 365 groups will be updated and will include their own team site.
- The new groups get modern document libraries, modern lists and support for Microsoft Flow and PowerApps.
- SharePoint Online site collections will soon provide 25 terabytes of space; the current limit is 1 terabyte.
The blog post, New capabilities in SharePoint Online team sites including integration with Office 365 Groups appeared first on Office Blogs.