Recap: BI Focal Show on SSAS and the Tabular Data Model
BI, Business Intelligence, claims authentication, PowerPivot, tabular model
On May 19, 2016, on our IT Unity BI Focal web show, Jason Himmelstein and I were fortunate enough to have Kasper De Jonge as our guest. Kasper is Senior Program Manager on the Analysis Services team, and has been with the tabular data model since its inception.
We covered a fair bit of ground, including topics like:
- What's the difference between classic cubes and the new tabular model
- Why is the tabular model "everywhere" these days?
- What do the new terms mean?
- How does SharePoint and PowerPivot for SharePoint fit into the new landscape?
- Where does claims authentication fit into the picture?
- When is it, or is it not appropriate to use Power Query
And several other topics.
I invite you to check out the recording of the show for the details.
Topic: Business Intelligence