How the New File Sharing and Collaboration Features in OneDrive and SharePoint Work
collaboration, file sharing, iOS Android app, IOS OneDrive app, OneDrive, SharePoint document library
At the Future of SharePoint event on May 4, 2016, Microsoft announced that they will soon be rolling out many enhancements and changes to how we share files and collaborate within OneDrive and SharePoint.
We can look forward to this list of the new features:
- New document library interface mimicking OneDrive
- Moving documents from OneDrive to SharePoint document library
- iOS OneDrive app that lets your sync documents from OneDrive as well as a SharePoint document library
- The Discover view in Android OneDrive app
- Document level analytics targeted to end users
In the video below, Asif answers questions like "Should you save files in OneDrive for Business or a SharePoint document library?" and he shows the new look coming to SharePoint Online document libraries, which will look similar to OneDrive soon. Asif also shows the iOS OneDrive app, which lets you synchronize documents from OneDrive as well as SharePoint libraries.
Learn more about the topics in this article and more at Unity Connect Online, June 20-23, 2016. Sign up today!